Testing the Testo Smart Probes with MeasureQUICK

Testo Smart Probes in Action with MeasureQUICK

Working with the Testo Smart Probes, and finally getting some data from live equipment into MeasureQUICK. I had some reservations about the ease of use of app-to-app communication, but no more. We are very happy with the first pass. MeasureQUICK takes the Testo Smart Probes to a whole new level providing diagnostics, reporting, capacity calculations and efficiency calculations that allow the user to properly service the equipment and document the results. Watch for the integration in the next app release.

Here is a link to the Testo probes.

20 thoughts on “Testing the Testo Smart Probes with MeasureQUICK

• Curtis Fay

Great Job Jim ! How soon for release with Android and reporting capabilities ?

• Jim Bergmann

The release is about 1-2 weeks away as we are still testing and optimizing. The report will come out at the same time.

• Chris

How do we give feedback directly? Info@measurequick.com directs you to the blog page. Currently in electrical measurements L1-GRD defaults to the same value as L1-L2, and vise versa.

• Jim Bergmann

Chris,
      This is as good a place as any, but also jimbergmann5@gmail.com works. Phase to ground and phase to phase are used for different reasons. On most electrical systems each phase is metered separately, on others, it is not. You can have systems that are 115 or 120 volt, that phase to phase are 208, 230, 0r 240V systems. It depends on the supply voltage and the phase offset. We allow for input of either.

• Jeff Martin

Just noticed there is no 575 option under single phase for condenser and evaporator motors, will this be added in the future? I come accross these in the smaller rtu’s I commission and it would be nice to have all proper voltages for the start up reports.

• Jim Bergmann

Jeff,
      We added the 575-600 volts as an option and it will be out for the next release this week.

• Jeff Martin

I can’t seen to get measurements to pull from the smart probes application, when I hit the measure button it switches to the smart probes app then I hit share but it just stays in the testo app. Is there an update pending for the testo app? Or am I just missing a step here?

• Jim Bergmann

Jeff,

You are not crazy, a line of code was overwritten at the release. Bobby is fixing it now.

• Michael Vargas

Same here

• Michael Housh

Thank you guys for this great app, can’t wait for all the features to be live. Where should we go to give feed back – feature requests? Like a contact import button and text fields being larger.

• Jim Bergmann

Here is fine. Eventually we will add a forum to the website but for now, this is the place.

• Michael Housh

Thanks for all your great effort Jim and staff…

From a UX standpoint and how I would envision my tech’s using this app and reporting features, I would change the `Customer Info` as being the first view as apposed to the `Geolocate`, as I think all the reports should show customer info (address, etc.), as well as the `Geolocate` could derive it’s data from the customer info. Or to skip customer info one could click on the `Geolocate` option.

On iOS it is very easy to implement a contact import using the `CNContactPicker`, as well as the text field height in your table view can be easily set using the `tableView(_,heightForRowAt:)`, and making the text fields the full height of the table cell with a clear background and using the placeholder text for the user to know that it’s an editable field, for what it’s worth.

Thanks again!

• Jim Bergmann

Thanks for the feedback, we will get those changes implemented. We were not 100% happy with the UI and UX either and were hoping for this type of constructive feedback.

Thanks so much!

Jim Bergmann

• Michael Housh

I got to try this in the field today while checking a heat pump system. Been anxious to try the updates. I put the unit in air conditioning so I could try out the new features. Pulling in the Testo smart probes worked great. I am excited this feature is live.

Two more UI / UX things. It would be nice to allow landscape mode (at least for iPad), also not sure if it really affects any of the calculations (because you do enter outdoor temperature in the outdoor measurement section), but it would be nice to have an option to be able to enter outdoor DB and RH (even better if it can be pulled in from smart probes 605i) as well as altitude. I say this for when you are on a Wifi only tablet you may not be able to connect to the weather station data.

I’m excited for what this app will bring to the field! Thanks again.

• Roger

Hi
    Will the Bluetooth Testo 552 vacuum gauge and clamp meter be added to the compatible probes?
    Regards Roger

• Jim Bergmann

We will look into it, we are meeting again with Testo soon.

• Jeff Martin

Hi Jim

Any plans to make the final pdf report customizable for things such a company logos or editing the layout or content of the report?

• Jim Bergmann

Absolutely! We are in development of a whole back end that will allow that.

• Craig

Great app! I like the app and have used it manually a few times. I have the Testo 115i and 549i but have been unable to get the data from the Testo app to MQ. The indoor works with my605i but I do not get the “measure outdoor” button in the outdoor section. I did activate under the tools menu. Please help.
    Thanks!

• Jim Bergmann

You need to set up the probes in the correct sections of the Testo app to get the data back into MQ. Watch the video again on our facebook page to see the process. http://www.facebook.com/measurequick.

Thanks